Motorcycling Travel Insurance
If you are planning a Motorcycling trip abroad, you should have a Travel Insurance policy before you travel.
We have partnered with Voyager Travel Insurance to cover your Motorcycling.
Motorcycling is covered as Standard.
Activities - Action & Action Plus (if required) are available once an initial price has been selected.
To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Motorcycling Travel Insurance FAQs
- Who is Motorcycling Travel Insurance for?
- Common Exclusions
- Off Road Motorcycling
- Motorcycle Safety Tips
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Standard||Enhanced||Prime||Supreme|
|Emergency Medical and Repatriation||£5,000,000||£7,500,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£2,500||£5,000||£10,000|
|Missed Departure/Journey Disruption||£250||£500||£750||£1,000|
|Holiday Financial Protection||-||£1,500||£1,500||£3,000|
Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.
Motorcycling Travel Insurance FAQs
1. Will this travel insurance policy cover me if I am injured on a motorcycle?
Yes, all our policies will cover medical expenses (up to £10m) and repatriation back to the UK if medically required.
2. Does this policy cover personal liability while riding my motorcycle?
We cannot offer this benefit as you are in a motorised vehicle.
3. Does this policy cover Motorcycle Tours even when I am taking my motorcycle?
Yes, we cover you from when you leave your home until you return to your home. You can get a quote online for Motorcycle Touring, which will cover if you ride your motorbike.
4. Is my Motorcycle covered under this travel insurance policy?
No, we do not cover the motorcycle itself. However, we provide a policy covering the European Motor Breakdown Insurance policy through one of our other providers.
5. Am I covered if I am on a motorcycle and will be riding at altitude?
Yes, we can provide this cover through our Adventure policy. You must select Motorcycling with an appropriate UK licence on public roads.
6. Will this cover me for Quad Biking?
No, you will need to get a separate policy for Quad Biking to be covered for this.
Who is Motorcycling Travel Insurance for?
JS Travel Insurance will cover anyone using a Motorcycle with no upper engine size. The policy will also cover you for using a Scooter or a Moped.
Your UK Licence must state that you can ride this type of vehicle on public roads, and more information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/ride-motorcycle-moped.
You will not be able to race a Motorcycle, and you must have a valid United Kingdom License that allows you to ride a Motorcycle of equivalent size.
You should also check the local road laws to abide by them. If you do not, this might invalidate a claim.
Off Road Motorcycling
This policy will cover if you plan to do Off-Road Motorcycling or Rallies.
Activities - Action Plus (is required for off-road motorcycling (and covers guided off-road trips only. Max 7 consecutive days).
Please Note: The policy does not allow jumps, stunts, racing or similar.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
You can do many things to improve your safety when riding a Motorcycle.
- Wear a Helmet. You may want to ride a Motorcycle without a helmet in a hot climate. If you have an accident, you will likely receive a head injury. Any helmet should comply with safety guidelines and always fit correctly.
- Wear Protective Clothing. It may be in hot climates to wear only essential clothing. However, it is vital to cover up any exposed skin. Try to wear gloves, boots and a leather jacket and trousers.
- Be careful going around bends. Most accidents will happen on corners, either because you are going too fast or on the wrong side of the road. Take it easy and try and slow down before taking a corner.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have pre-existing medical conditions and plan to participate in Motorcycling whilst travelling abroad, we can provide you with a policy.
Our providers (Adventures and Voyager) can offer travel insurance if you have a pre-existing medical condition.