Pacemaker Travel Insurance
A small device that is surgically implanted into a Patients chest near their heart, a Pacemaker helps regulate their heartbeat. A patient may need a Pacemaker for various reasons, the most common of which is Arrhythmia, or Irregular Heartbeats. Heartbeats can also be disrupted after a Heart Attack, while taking Medications, or simply because of old age. The procedure to implant a Pacemaker is minor, its consequences major. A Pacemaker restores a healthy heartbeat and there are almost never any complications.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREE) or 01273 773 017 email@example.com
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
If you have a pacemaker, when getting a quote for Travel Insurance, you will be asked a number of questions:
- Have you had an ablation procedure ? (Uses a wire to destroy abnormal heart tissue)
- How many unplanned hospital visits for your irregular heartbeat have you had in the last 12 months ?
- Do you have any further investigation or treatment planned ?
- Are you on Medication to thin the blood (not incl. aspirin) which requires regular blood tests ?
- Has your heart rhythm ever caused collapses, faints or blackouts ?
- Have you ever been told that the arteries in your heart are blocked or narrowed ?
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent ?
- Have you ever had Angina and/or a Heart Attack ?
- Have you been prescribed any treatment for heart related breathlessness or ankle swelling ?
- Have you ever had a stroke or a mini stroke (TIA) ?
Travel Advice with a Pacemaker
If you suffer from a Heart Condition and have had a Pacemaker there are some things to take into consideration before travel.
There is nothing to suggest that air travel should unduly affect a Pacemaker. However, alert the Airline of your condition prior to travel, as it is possible that the Pacemaker may set off the metal detector alarms in security.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Pacemaker or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.