Over 65s Travel Insurance
If you are over 65 years of age, it is a good idea to get a Travel Insurance policy in place before your trip away from home. More people of retirement age are taking the advantage of travel and going to areas they have always wanted to visit. As we live longer and in general have a healthier lifestyle, those who are over 65 years of age, can find it difficult to…
If you are over 65 years of age, it is a good idea to get a Travel Insurance policy in place before your trip away from home.
More people of retirement age are taking the advantage of travel and going to areas they have always wanted to visit. As we live longer and in general have a healthier lifestyle, those who are over 65 years of age, can find it difficult to purchase cover for their trip.
As you get older Travel Insurance gets more expensive, this is due to the fact that Insurance Providers consider older Travellers to be of a higher risk. Although you will might have to pay more for your Travel Insurance policy, there are Benefits to the cover that might suit your requirements. The policies online will provide you with cover up to the age of 75 years of age.
Please Note: If you are over 75 years of age and you would like us to provide you with a quote, please contact us and we will be able to provide you with a policy that will suit your needs.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or 01273 773 017 email@example.com
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
We provide cover for Residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and British Forces Posted Overseas.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Pre Existing Medical Conditions
You might need to make a medical claim or require assistance whilst you are travelling. You should make sure that if you do have a pre existing medical condition, it has been declared. Failure to do so might mean that a claim might be refused if all the medical history is not declared.
Please check the Terms and Conditions for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
It is important to plan ahead for any trip. Read about your destination and check the travel guides online, so you can learn more about the place you are visiting and be aware of their customs and rules.
- Check your passport and any visas are up to date and have not expired. Also if you need to get vaccinations, make sure you give plenty of time before hand to get these done.
- Apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) if you are travelling to Europe as this allows you free or reduced medical treatment in many European countries. This is not however a substitute for Travel Insurance as it does not cover any pre existing medical conditions or repatriation back to your home country.
- Look around at the best deals if you need to change money, do not wait until you get to the Airport as the exchange can be more expensive.
- Contact your bank and let them know you are going abroad, so that they do not put a stop to your cards, if they see activity from abroad.
- Take photocopies of all your Travel Documents and leave a copy at home.
- You should check that at your destination, that the water is safe to drink and if you are not sure about any of the food, it is best to avoid it.
It is important to purchase Travel Insurance policy before you leave the country. If it’s just going to be one trip, you will be all set with our Single Trip Travel Insurance policy. Those who plan to do more than one trip a year, might want to look at the Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance policy.
Please read the Policy Wording for full details.
This Travel Insurance is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities and Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK. Travel Insurance Facilities are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised by BaFin and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.